Monday, January 25, 2010

Culinary Delight

I don't know about you all, but I love a destination. Don't get me wrong, I could ride all day just for the fun of riding all day, but I am kind of a purpose driven person so I enjoy a "reason" for the ride. Just such a reason manifested itself Saturday, 23-Jan-10. Actually, the 55F temperature and general lack of precipitation had a lot to do with it! :-)


We found a neat restaurant on line in Zanesville, OH called Muddy Misers Lock 10 Tavern.To be honest, it is a few of blocks off the beaten path (map), and likely not found easily if you weren't looking for it. Frankly, from the outside, it doesn't look like much at all, and I suspect the average person would not even be inclined to stop. What a mistake that would be. The inside has a neat Zane Grey theme, a full bar, great menu, and overall very cool ambiance. It also has an outside patio which overlooks the Muskingham River below.


Who wouldn't do a 200 mile road trip for a late lunch and novel microbrew? I had a wonderful crab and shrimp open-face sandwich with some sweet potato fries that was nothing short of awesome. I get tired of burgers and pizza. This menu is just the ticket! I also have to admit that as I get older, I actually enjoy a linen napkin and metal flatware (call me old-fashioned). Somehow a plastic spork and a paper napkin are just not the same.

We had a wonderful lunch and a fine ride home to look forward to. More importantly, we got out for a nice ride on a nice day in the middle of the winter! Granted, there were a few intersections where one would need a shovel to get all the sand and ash off, a few annoying cagers that were either on our butt or holding up traffic, and still a tad chilly...but a fun ride and great cuisine nonetheless. We would (will) return in a snap!



Rides for the day were the Triumph Daytona 675SE (2010) and the Buell 1125R (2009). We passed 6 other bikes (2 sportbikes!) so we weren't the only ones impatient for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment